The Medilink Midlands Codex4SMEs Roadshow, in collaboration with Leicester Precision Medicine Institute, took place on Thursday 11th October 2018 at the University of Leicester.
The Interreg project Codex4SMEs plans to improve healthcare via the enhanced adoption of Personalised Medicine in North West Europe. The objective is to establish a network that supports SMEs along the value chain of Companion diagnostics (Cdx) development, an indispensable tool for the application of Personalised Medicine which determines the molecular causes of a disease before treatment is started, ensuring the right treatment for the right patient at the right time.
Presentations from speakers at the event are now available to view below (PDF):
– ‘Introduction to Codex4SMES’, Dr Carl Edwards, Commercial Manager, Leicester Precision Medicine Institute
– ‘Services Provided by the Biobank’, Biobank Graz
– ‘Services Provided by the Biobank’, Integrated Biobank of Luxembourg
– ‘UK Funding for Precision/Personalised Medicine’, Dr Mike Sullivan, Commercial Director, Leicester Precision Medicine
– ‘NIHR Support for Precision/Personalised Medicine’, Dan Kumar, Industry Delivery Manager, NIHR
– ‘Five Key Issues about the New IVDR’, Peter Rose, Managing Director, Maetrics Europe
– ‘The Dawn of Genomic Medicine’, Professor Julian Barwell, Clinical Geneticist
– ‘Emergency Care Diagnostics’, Professor Tim Coats, Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Leicester
– ‘Using Imaging for Improved Disease Diagnostics’, Professor Gerry McCann, Professor of Cardiac Imaging, University of Leicester
The next Medilink Midlands event will be Meet in the Midlands, a networking event for Medilink members in the East and West regions, which will be held this year on the 22nd November (details of the event will be released shortly, but for now make sure you save the date!).