Date: Tuesday 29th June 2021, 13:00 – 17:00 via Zoom
Why become a SIP Ambassador?
• Receive virtual training to equip you with the skills to engage with and inspire young people
• Develop knowledge, confidence and skills in planning engaging group activities
• Deliver science careers workshops to local secondary schools and inspire young people
• Challenge the stereotypes associated with working in science – share your story!
• Promote your company’s career opportunities and inspire future talent
• Network with fellow SIP Ambassadors and work together to challenge perceptions
• Complementary to STEM Ambassador programme. Click here for more details
Sign up for the training here with password SIPWestMidlands
Sign up to the SIP Ambassador programme here
It is applicable to any employee who would like to get involved in inspiring the next generation of STEM professionals. The training will be delivered by our SIP Careers Manager (Rachel Brickell) who has a background in both industry and education.
With regards to commitment moving forward, when signing up as an Ambassador they are confirming that they have the agreement of their employer to be involved in this programme and the employer will release them to attend the half day training session and to deliver activities with young people following their training (a minimum of 1 per year). There is no other time commitment.
DEADLINE to register your interest via the link no later than close of play next Monday 21st June to allow time for resources to be sent out ahead of the session on the 29th June.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.