DEMAND Hub (Data-Enabled Medical technologies ANd Devices Hub) is an ERDF-supported programme for the Black Country, Greater Birmingham and Solihull, Coventry & Warwickshire, and Stoke-On-Trent & Staffordshire LEP regions. The programme is now live as of 1 July 2020.
The programme will run until June 2023 and supports SME businesses in, or looking to enter, the healthcare market.
- Business development support. DEMAND Hub supports businesses with knowledge of IP and access to specific funding for medical technologies and digital healthcare
- Digital Tech support. We provide a unique “Data Sherpa” model of support for industry. DEMAND Hub provides access to individuals who understand the local NHS, academic and business environments and can deliver the appropriate study design, data linkage, extraction and analyses to provide SMEs with the insights they need to support their product development.
- Validation and commercialisation. DEMAND Hub provides Technical and Clinical understanding to help evaluate the relevance of solutions, the evidence required and optimal developmental pathway, including potential service redesign.
- Technician and Lab support. We provide highly-skilled support utilising our extensive laboratory infrastructure to underpin effective product design, development and testing.
- Clinical Studies and Trials support. DEMAND Hub has expertise in the design of clinical trials and studies attuned to the medical technology regulatory environment, and can guide businesses in the testing and evaluation needs and designs for specific product types.
- Clinician/patient/user experience support. We help to facilitate user experience and accessibility testing and development by connecting businesses to appropriate stakeholders and guiding appropriate design and evidence tools.
For more information visit https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/partners/sme-support/business-support-programmes/demand-hub.aspx
DEMAND Hub will be hosting a SME engagement event on 1 November 2021: Demand Hub: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/demand-hub-how-data-can-support-the-innovation-of-new-medical-technologies-tickets-141400792577 .